Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - School of Mathematics
ob Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - School of Mathematics
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, invites applications for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on a research project sponsored by NBHM (National Board for Higher Mathematics). The project, supervised by Dr. Navdeep Kailey from the School of Mathematics, focuses on different approaches to develop optimality conditions and duality for bi-level programming problems under an optimistic position.
Designation: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Subject Area: Mathematics - Optimization
Location: Patiala, Punjab, India
- M.Sc. in Mathematics or equivalent with first division from a recognized university/institution
- CSIR-UGC NET / GATE qualification
The selected candidate will work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) on the NBHM-funded research project for a duration of 3 years. The project aims to develop optimality conditions and duality for bi-level programming problems. The JRF will assist Dr. Navdeep Kailey in research activities, data analysis, mathematical modeling, and software implementation. Knowledge of optimization and software tools such as LaTeX and MATLAB is desirable.
- ₹31,000/- per month for the first 2 years
- ₹35,000/- per month for the last year
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the qualification criteria should submit their applications in the prescribed format, merged into a single PDF file, by June 20, 2023, to the Principal Investigator, Dr. Navdeep Kailey, via email: email@example.com. Please use the subject line "Application for JRF position" in the email.
Last Date for Apply: 20 June 2023
- Meeting the minimum qualification does not guarantee an interview invitation. Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and project requirements.
- Candidates must arrange their own accommodation and no TA/DA will be provided for the interview or joining.
- The selected candidate may have the opportunity to register for a Ph.D. program at TIET Patiala, subject to institute norms.
For further information, kindly contact:
Dr. Navdeep Kailey
School of Mathematics
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala 147004, India
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No.: +91-9888524009