Project Associate II (PA-II) - Climate Change Research
Job Title: Project Associate II (PA-II) - Climate Change Research
CSIR-NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH INSTITUTE (NEERI) is inviting eligible and interested candidates to apply for the position of Project Associate II (PA-II) for the DST: Centre of Excellence for Climate Change Research. The position is temporary and will be based at CSIR-NEERI in Nagpur. The online application submission deadline is 02 June 2023.
Designation: Project Associate II (PA-II)
Subject Area: Climate Change Research
Location: CSIR-NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Nehru Marg, Nagpur (440020)
- Master's degree in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology/Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 2 years of relevant experience in R&D in research institutes, academic institutes, or industry.
- Experience in modeling regional air quality using WRF-Chem, preparing emission inventory, GIS-based analysis, data collection, and report writing.
- Proficiency in WRF-Chem model, chemical transport modeling, and basic programming skills in Linux Shell, R, and data visualization.
- Alternatively, a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Civil/Environmental/Mechanical/Chemical with 2 years of relevant experience in R&D in science and technology organizations.
- Model regional air quality using WRF-Chem and prepare gridded emission inventory.
- Perform GIS-based analysis, field monitoring, data collection, and report writing.
- Utilize programming skills in Linux Shell, R, and data visualization for research activities.
- Contribute to research and development projects related to climate change and environmental science.
Salary: Monthly Emoluments of Rs. 35,000/- + HRA for scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or a selection process through national-level examinations. Rs. 28,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under the above criteria.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications online. The application form and detailed instructions can be found on the CSIR-NEERI website. The last date for submitting the online application is 02 June 2023.
Last Date for Apply: 02 June 2023
- All positions are on a contract basis, co-terminus with the project, and limited to a maximum duration of five years.
- The upper age limit will be considered as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- No application fees are required.
- Candidates must possess the essential qualifications and provide proof of result declaration (at least a provisional certificate).
- Result awaited, final semester appeared, or Ph.D. submitted candidates are not eligible to apply for positions with mandatory essential qualification requirements.
- Experience, if required, will be counted after acquiring the minimum educational qualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the online interview, with further communication sent via email.
- CSIR-NEERI reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the offer of engagement if any discrepancy is found in the candidature of empaneled candidates.
- Selected candidates should be prepared to join within the specified time frame mentioned in the offer letter.
- Accommodation arrangements during the project tenure will be the responsibility of the project staff.
- Other terms and conditions will be governed by the guidelines issued by the funding agency/CSIR-NEERI, as amended from time to time.