Junior Research Fellow
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
The Office of the Department of Research and Development (DoRD) at IIT Goa is seeking applications for the position of Junior Research Fellow. The selected candidate will work on a project titled "Development of coupled fluid-particle dynamics code for application in continuous air monitoring" in the School of Mechanical Sciences. The project is sponsored by the Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. The nature of the work involves numerical investigation and development of a CFD framework for the transport of aerosol particles in a workplace environment.
Designation: Junior Research Fellow
Subject Area: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and other allied branches.
Location: IIT Goa, Goa, India
- Essential qualification: M.E/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and other allied branches. Exceptional candidates with a B.E/B.Tech degree from the same branches may also be considered.
- Qualified GATE SCORE in the relevant streams (Candidates with B.E/B.Tech degree must have a valid GATE Scorecard).
- Desirable: Experience in CFD, Openfoam, Aerosol Modeling, and basic understanding of coupled CFD modeling.
The selected Junior Research Fellow will be responsible for:
- Developing a CFD framework for numerical investigation of the transport of aerosol particles in a workplace environment.
- Collaborating with a research group at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.
- Potentially designing and conducting experiments related to the project.
Salary: Rs. 31,000/- per month
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can fill the application form available at the following link: https://forms.gle/PDEy8Un45dfeYWUP6
Last Date for Application: 14 June 2023, 05:00 PM
- If the number of applications received is large, the selection committee may limit the number of candidates based on desirable qualifications, academic performance, and other benchmarks.
- For any questions or inquiries, candidates can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the Institute project number "2022/EMR/TT/046" in the subject.
- Informal inquiries can also be made via email to Dr. Thaseem Thajudeen, Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Sciences: email@example.com.
- No TA/DA will be provided for the selection process.
- Selected candidates will be required to join within a reasonable time upon receiving the offer.