Job Title: Assistant Chemist
Summary: Central Ground Water Board is looking for an Assistant Chemist to join their team at the Central Headquarters in Faridabad (Haryana) 121001. The position is for a General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial role and is a permanent position. The Assistant Chemist will be responsible for chemical analysis of water samples including trace elements, heavy metals and organic compounds and assistance to Chemist.
Designation: General Central Service, Group ‘B’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
Subject Area: Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Inorganic Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science
Location: Central Headquarters, Faridabad (Haryana) 121001
- Educational: Masters Degree in Chemistry /Organic Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable: Two years experience in Ground Water Analysis and Ground Water Chemistry work from any recognized Institute or autonomous body/Government organization.
- Age: Not exceeding 30 years for EWS category candidates as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 33 years for Other Backward Classes candidates and not exceeding 35 years for Schedule Tribes candidates as on normal closing date is respect of the vacancies reserved for them.
- Chemical analysis of water samples including trace elements, heavy metals and organic compounds and assistance to Chemist.
- Compilation of analytical data of water sample for data quality and computerization of chemical data and preparation of report.
- Preparation of water quality reports, submission of progress reports and taking up field chemical analysis as per requirement for specific studies.
- Taking up field studies including on the spot water quality analysis, etc.
Salary: Level – 08 (Rs.47,600-1,51,100/-) in Pay Matrix as per CCS (R.P.) Rules, 2016. Total emoluments excluding T.A. & HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs. 47,600/- plus DA as applicable per month approximately.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The last date for submitting the application is 10 June 2023.
Note: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.