Junior Research Fellow in Materials Engineering
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow - Development of a sliding bearing for earthquake protection of structures
Job Summary: The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) is seeking a Junior Research Fellow to join a project funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the Device Development Programme (DDP). The project aims to research and develop a sliding bearing for earthquake protection of structures.
Designation: Junior Research Fellow
Research Area: Development of a sliding bearing for earthquake protection of structures
Location: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN)
- B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc. in Materials science or Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Science and Technology or allied fields from reputed universities
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis are also eligible
- Preferred: applicants who have cleared one of the National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, lISc, llSER etc.
- Research specialization in materials processing such as sintering, wet chemistry routes, ball milling etc., materials characterizations such as SEM, XRD etc. and tribological properties studies are highly desirable.
- Good communication skills both in scientific writing as well as in presentations are required.
Job Description: The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research on polymer composites fabrication, characterizations and tribological tests. They will be evaluated periodically based on their research output in the form of reports, publications, conference presentations etc.
Duration: 1 year
Salary: 31,000 Rs. per month
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates can submit their application by filling this online form. Any queries can be directed to Dr. Sriharitha Rowthu, Assistant Professor, Materials Engineering, via email (email@example.com).
Last Date for Apply: February 15, 2023 or until this position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview before the panel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.