Scientific Officer C (IT) on a short-term Contract basis
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) a Centre of TIFR, invites online applications for the post of Scientific Officer 'C' (IT) on a short-term contract basis.
Qualification & Experience:
1) Full-time Degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech with an aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/institute in Computer Science.
2) Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in Drupal 7/Drupal 8/Drupal 9 including module and theme development.
3) Experience in Web development experience on the LAMP stack, Sound knowledge of Linux OS, Installation/Compilation of software in Linux, Configuration of Apache/NGINX/Mariadb on Linux, PHP Scripting, MySQL, HTML5, Working with open-source applications
1) Good working knowledge of Linux System Administration skills with services like DNS, DHCP, VPN, Email, Web server, LDAP, Databases, Virtualization etc. Procurement procedures and interaction with vendors; Experience in System Administration in an Educational or Research organization of repute.
Pay scale: Consolidated salary of Rs. 89,900/- per month (equivalent to Pay Level 10 - Stage 1).
Age limit: - 28 years (as of 1.1.2023)
Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 25th January 2023
General Information :
1. The appointment to the above posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further up to One (1) year depending upon the performance & requirements.
2. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for recruitment.
3. The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Written test and the Interview. The Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Written test. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
4. Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st January 2023 for the above post.
5. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant TIFR rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation. [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
6. Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
7. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post and must reach to Head, Administration & Finance, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 lastest by 27th January 2023
The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_application.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.