Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for a temporary position to work at DA-IICT on a SUPPORTING R&D IN EMERGING FIELDS OF S&T ON STATE PRIORITY AREAS UNDER STI FUND, sponsored research project financed by the Department of Science and Technology: The Gujarat Council on Science and Technology (DST GUJCOST) (Govt. of Gujarat), India. The project details, requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Title of the Project: A Forensic Tool for Land Revenue Documents Forgery Detection
Position and Fellowship
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) – 1 post
Rs. 30,000/- p.m. (All-inclusive for NET/GATE candidates) OR
Rs. 18,720/- p.m. (All-inclusive for non-NET/GATE candidates)
M.E/M.Tech (Computer Science / Information Technology / ICT) or Equivalent with 60% marks and with GATE qualification.
B.E./B.Tech. (Computer Science / Information Technology / ICT) or Equivalent with 60% marks and with GATE qualification.
M.Sc. in (Computer Science/Information Technology/Data Science/ICT) with 60% marks and with valid GATE/CSIR-UGC NET qualification and Industrial/Research experience will be given preference.
- Knowledge of Image Processing and Statistics
- Good knowledge of encryption schemes, specifically homomorphic encryption
- Basic idea of designing security protocols and analysing security
- Good knowledge of Python/Java Programming
- GitHub profile to showcase your work
- Analytical and thinking capabilities for solving research problems
- Knowledge of Machine learning and Deep Learning algorithms
Period of appointment: This post is purely temporary and appointment will be made initially for 1 year and further extendable subject to satisfactory performance. It would, therefore, not confer any right for any candidate for claiming extension or absorption in DA-IICT. However, the selected candidate will be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of DA-IICT as per the available guidelines.
- Study and understand the image hashing algorithms.
- Propose a new hash that can work for land documents in jpg/pdf formats.
- Develop an encryption model for document hashing that can work with encrypted documents.
- Experimental verification of the results using document datasets
How to Apply: The interested candidates must send the Curriculum Vitae with complete qualification and experience details latest by May 30, 2021 through an e-mail to PI (Dr. Priyanka Singh) at priyanka_singh[at]daiict[dot]ac[dot]in and
Please write “Application for JRF position for Forensic Project at DA-IICT” in subject line of the email.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on their CV, qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and the candidates are required to attend at their own expenses, no TA/DA will be provided. During Interview Performance of candidates will be checked on following points
Tentative date of Interview: June 5, 2021.
Expected start date: 15 June, 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.