Post of Subject Matter Specialist (Agrometeorology) (at KVKs)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the following post on the prescribed form. The candidates can download the prescribed application form from the link given on PAU Website (www.pau.edu). The application forms are also obtainable from the office of Director of Extension Education on any working day from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. by 25.05.2021.
The requisite fee can be deposited through electronic mode or in shape of bank draft (see Annexure-1). Bank draft should be in favour of Comptroller PAU, Ludhiana payable at Ludhiana.
The candidates may submit the duly filled/completed application forms (along with detailed qualifications, experience, self-attested testimonials, summary of qualifications and all other relevant documents) with proof of deposit of requisite fee in the Office of Director of Extension Education, PAU.
The last date of receipt of application forms will be 25.05.2021.
- B.Sc.(Agri.)/B.Sc. Agri. (Hons.)/B.Sc. (Horti.)/B.Sc.(Forestry)/B.Sc. with minimum OCPA of 6.00 out of 10.00 or 60% marks.
- Master's degree in Agro-meteorology/Meteorology/Agronomy/Agricultural Physics with minimum OCPA of 6.00 out of 10.00 or 60 % marks. Preference will be given to Post-graduation in Agrometerology.
- a) Must have passed Matric level certificate of Punjabi language of Punjab School Education Board or any other recognized Board (as first or second language).
b) Proficiency in spoken Punjabi.
Note 1: A candidate, who does not possess Master’s degree in the relevant subject but possesses Ph.D. degree in the discipline required at Master’s level, shall be eligible for the post.
Note 2: The appointment will co-terminus with the scheme or year to year extension basis in which the post is provided (the post equivalent to Technical officer in GKMS scheme)
- Receive IMD forecast and translate it into Agromet Advisory Bulletin under the guidance of expert panel consisting of experts of different domains of agriculture constituted in DAMU.
- Undertake dissemination work using all available channels of communication and spread farmer awareness by conducting farmer awareness programmes.
- To manage Agromet Observatory/AWS work, undertake R&D for operational use in AAB preparation, attend meetings, training programmes whenever required and prepare periodic data & reports and Annual Progress report for performance review and monitoring of work at AFMU/DAMU.
- To maintain details of expenditure and preparation of annual UC, SE and demand etc.
1. The Post(s) shall be co-terminus with the scheme in which these are provided.
2. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
3. The corrigendum/addendum, if any, will be issued on our website (www.pau.edu) only.
Your application has been successfully submitted.