Project Associate - I in Computational Biology
Advt No.15/2022 : Appointment of a Project Associate - I in Computational Biology, in the laboratory of Dr Shruthi Vishwanath
We are a lab that works on modelling large protein assemblies involved in chromatin remodelling, cell-cell junctions, and cytoskeletal machinery. We develop computational methods based on machine learning and deep learning to improve structure prediction. We are looking for candidates who are interested in either computational modelling of assemblies or using deep learning methods to determine protein organization in cells. See more at the lab website https://isblab.ncbs.res.in.
Essential Qualification & experience required:
- Bachelor or Masters in Biotech/biochemistry/microbiology or Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science/IT.
- Experience in Python programming.
- Python Programming
- Research experience in computational biology
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skill
- Good organization skills
Number of positions: 1
Minimum % of marks: 75%
Age limit: 45
Salary offered: 25,000 (without CSIR/GATE/equivalent qualification), 31000 + 24% HRA (with CSIR/GATE/equivalent qualification).
Deadline: The last date for applying is 31st August 2022. Candidates will be contacted and interviewed on a rolling basis till the position is filled.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title "Project Associate" and please send the following information in a separate file along with your CV:
1. Programming experience: languages, how long you have been using them.
2. Previous research projects in computational biology: describe projects in detail.
3. Your specific interest in this position. Describe the kind of projects you want to work on in the lab (read the lab website to get a good idea of this). Please be a specific as you can be, if the answers are too vague and general, your application is likely to be rejected.
Note: Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting the online applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.