JRF in Department of Physics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Advertisement for JRF in SERB sponsored Project
Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research project funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
Project title: Next generation of high power ultrafast fiber lasers based on controlled space-time dynamics in amplifying nonlinear multimode fiber.
Brief description of the project: The project involves the experimental and theoretical study of mode locking of lasers based on multimode gain fiber by controlling spatio-temporal complex dynamics, and then to demonstrate the generation of ultrashort light pulses with high average power and high peak power. The JRF will perform the numerical simulations, and will design and build the experimental setup to perform the investigations.
Qualifications: M.Sc. in Physics or equivalent or M. Tech. in Photonics related areas with minimum 60% marks (or 6.5 CGPA) along with good academic credentials, and strong motivation for the research in the subject area. The candidate should have a valid CSIR-UGC (NET or JRF) or a valid GATE score.
Duration: 3 years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
Emoluments: Rs 31,000/- + HRA per month (2 years), and Rs 35,000/- + HRA per month (3rd year). Suitable accommodation on the campus may be provided based on availability.
How to Apply?
The applicant must send the following documents in a single PDF file to email@example.com (Dr. Vishwa Pal) on or before 10 April 2022 with the subject of the email as “Application for JRF position”.
· Filled application form in the attached format.
· A one-page cover letter describing the background and how it will help to purse the project.
· Resume with complete qualifications, CGPA or % marks and experience details.
· Soft copy of all degree certificates (high school onwards) along with a proof indicating date of birth.
· Proof of GATE/NET qualification.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for online/personal interview.
General Terms and conditions:
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted/informed through email.
2. The position is temporary which will be renewed every year subject to the satisfactory performance.
3. Candidate selected for this position may be considered for the regular PhD program provided he/she qualifies the eligibility criterion for PhD program at IIT Ropar.
4. If it is found at later date that any information given in the application is incorrect/false the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
For any further information, please contact the principal investigator:
Dr. Vishwa Pal, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics,
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Nangal Road, Rupnagar Punjab 140001.
Your application has been successfully submitted.