JRF in SERB Research Project - Department of EECS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Advertisement for the post of JRF in SERB Research Project
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of ‘Junior Research Fellow’ in SERB project with following details:
Title of the project: Evolution-aware LoRaWAN System Deployment Planning.
1. Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
2. Number of Positions: 01
3. Last date of Application: Tuesday, 15th Mar 2022 (before 5.00 pm).
4. Salary (p.m.): Rs. 31,000 + 16% HRA
5. Duration of Position: Initial appointment will be given for one year and is extendable based on performance till the project completion.
6. Essential qualifications:
Candidates need to satisfy the following criteria:
1. B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./M.E./MS in Computer Science and Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent OR M.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent OR M.C.A. from a recognized university or statutory body.
2. Qualified in one of the following National eligibility test/exam:
a. GATE OR CSIT-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) OR National Level examinations conducted by Central Government and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
7. Age limit: 35 years
1) Have hands on experience in Raspberry Pi.
2) Expertise in Python scripting and network programming using Python.
9. Objective of the project: This work involves dimensioning LoRaWAN system in a future-proof manner by upgrading the network equipment’s signal processing algorithms over time.
10. How to apply:
Interested candidates must apply using the application form attached with this advertisement. Duly completed application form along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr. Arzad Alam Kherani at firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach him by Thursday, 17th March 2022. Applications without the said form will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay. The positions are available immediately.
11. Tentative Date and venue of interview: 24th March 2022 at 11:00 hrs at IIT Bhilai. At the time of interview candidates are requested to present two copies of complete application materials and all originals of the testimonials for verification.
i) No TA/DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The PI shall not be responsible for postal / courier delay, if any, or any other reason for non-receipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
iii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iv) If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
v) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Institute/ funding agency particularly applicable to the said project as and when required.
vi) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vii) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory or other reasons (project termination, etc.).
Please feel free to contact me in case of any query (Principal Investigator):
Dr. Arzad Alam Kherani,
Room B-206, Department of EECS,
IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015
Your application has been successfully submitted.