JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (Dept. of Earth Sciences)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (Dept. of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata)
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Gaurav Shukla, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The research work would be focused on calculations of elasticity of mineral phases of subducting slabs at relevant pressure and temperature conditions using quantum mechanical first-principles (based on density functional theory) methods.
1. Title of project: Thermoelasticity of Mineral Phases of Subducting Slabs: A Computational Study
2. Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
3. Principal investigator: Dr. Gaurav Shukla, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences
4. Remuneration: A maximum amount of Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
5. Tenure: 12 months, with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria:
M.Sc. or equivalent degree, in either Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks, or minimum CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10-point scale.
Qualification in at least one of these exams: CSIR-UGC NET (incl. LS); GATE; national-level exams conducted by DST/DBT/DAE/DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ICAR/ICMR/IIT/IISc/IISER.
7. Additional experience: Experience with computer programming,
8. Age limit: 28 years as on 10th March 2022, which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
9. How to apply: Eligible candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) via email ONLY to email@example.com latest by 10th March 2022. The full contact information (address, mobile number, landline number if any) should be provided with the CV.
10. Last date for receiving applications: 10th March 2022
11. Interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited (via email) for an online interview. The interview will be held between 11th March 2022 to 15th March 2022.
12. Conditions: The candidate must make logistics provision for the online interviews. The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.