Junior Research Fellow (04 Position) in DESIDOC, Delhi
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC)
Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi – 110 054
Advt. No: DESIDOC/001
Advertisement for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC), Delhi one of the Premier Research Laboratories of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) engaged in delivering library information and documentation services to DRDO personnel. DESIDOC invites applications from young and meritorious Indian Nationals, who desire to pursue library science and documentation, software development and networking related research as Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
Stipend (Monthly): JRF will receive a stipend of Rs.31,000/- plus HRA as per DRDO Rules.
JRF Tenure: Initially the offer is for a period of two years which may be extendable for further two years subject to Internal Screening Committee recommendations.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is maximum of 28 years as on the closing date of advertisement. The upper age limit shall be relaxable to the candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years and OBC is 3 years.
Application Procedure: Eligible candidates should submit their applications online at www.drdo.gov.in with self attested copies of DOB Certificate, Degree/Provisional Certificate along with Marks Memos, GATE score card, Caste Certificate, NOC & other testimonials. Copies of GATE Score Card, B.Tech/M.Tech/M.L.I.Sc certificates are compulsorily uploaded to the online application form.
The candidate must submit the supporting document for converting CGPAICPI to equivalent percentage (%) from concerned University.
Last Date: The last date for receipt of online applications at DESIDOC is 21 days from the date of publication in Employment News. Applications received after due date for whatsoever reasons, shall not be entertained. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
· Eligible candidates will be shortlisted basis on valid GATE/NET score and percentage of marks obtained in minimum qualifying degree.
· GATE paper and subject of qualifying degree must be in Computer Science & Engineering subject/discipline against which the candidate is applying.
· Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for personal interview to be held at DESIDOC, Delhi or through video conferencing as decided by the Director, DESIDOC, which will be communicated to the individual separately.
· The time and date of interview will be intimated by post/email.
· Candidates serving in Govt. or in Govt. owned organization will be required to produce "NOC" from their respective Department/Employer at the time of interview failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the interview or they should apply through proper channel.
· Working experience in the area of subject will be preferred.
Venue of Interview: Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC), Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi – 110 054
· Only those candidates who have been awarded Degree/Provisional Certificate are eligible to apply.
· Candidates should make their own arrangement for their stay and transport in Delhi.
· Candidates need to produce Original Certificates/Testimonial for proof of Caste, Age, Educational Qualifications and No Objection Certificate (where applicable), along with two passport size photographs at the time of interview. OBC certificate not more than one year for the date of advt.
· It may please be noted that offer of Fellowship will under no circumstances confer on candidates any right of absorption in DRDO.
· Award of Fellowship shall not be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right. It shall be entirely at the discretion of the Selection Committee of the Lab, which may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
· The candidate may be allowed to register for part-time Ph.D with any University/Institution during the tenure of the fellowship.
· No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or for joining, if selected.
· Number of vacancies may increase or decrease without prior notice.
For details contact DESIDOC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.