JRF in Department of Earth Sciences
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Call for applications for the position of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a project funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India.
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (1 position) under a research Project entitled ‘Crustal evolution of the Eastern Madurai Domain of Granulite Terrane of Southern India: A petrochronological study on granulite-facies rocks from the western part of the domain.’. The position is funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India. The JRF position will be awarded for a period of one year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance).
1. Position: JRF (1 position)
2. Research Area: Metamorphic petrology, geochronology, geochemistry
3. Funding source: Ministry of Earth Sciences.
4. Principle Investigator: Dr. Tapabrato Sarkar, Assistant Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, IISER Kolkata
5. Remuneration: JRF (Rs. 31000/- plus 24% HRA)
6. Tenure: 1 year (extendable strictly based on the research progress and performance)
7. Basic Eligibility Criteria: (i) First class (or CGPA OF 6.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Sciences (ii) Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination (required criteria). (iii) Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
8. Desirable qualification: The applicant should have a strong background in metamorphic petrology and geochemistry and have the ability to conduct field work independently. A good communication and writing skill in English is also desirable.
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV prior to the interview must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 14th February 2022 (last date of application). No application will be entertained after that.
*Candidates are requested to send the following documents:
(a) Self-attested scanned copies of degree certificates; (b) Two recommendation letters from a teacher and/or academic mentor must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommender (c) Any other relevant documents.
Date/Time of Interview: In between 15-18th February. The exact date and time of the interview will be notified in due time.
Mode of Interview: Online (A Google-Meet link will be shared with the short-listed candidates before the interview. The interview will be recorded. The application itself will be considered as the consent of the applicant to appear for the interview.
**Conditions: The decision of the selection committee will be final. The selected candidate may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of tenure, if their performance is deemed unsatisfactory. The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience and age may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
Dr. Tapabrato Sarkar, Assistant Professor
Department of Earth Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata
Mohanpur-741246, West Bengal, India
Your application has been successfully submitted.