Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position in Dept. of Chemical Sciences under a SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position under a SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata
- Deadline of application: 10 January 2022
Date of Online interview: 13 January 2022 at 10.00 AM
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The project is aimed to develop organic semiconductors and to probe the electrical transport behaviour of metal-semiconductor-metal sandwich devices. Synthesis (25 %), photophysical properties (25 %) and fabrication and electrical characterisation of semiconductor devices (50%) is the nature of the proposed research.
- Title of project: Investigation on the role of bulk trap states on the resistive state switching in organic semiconductor devices. Funding agency: SERB
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Remuneration: Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (24%).
- Tenure: Initially for a period of 1 year, extendable up to 3 years depending on the satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Essential Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Chemistry/Masters in Material Science or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or CGPA of 7.5 or above.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination. Preference will be given to candidates with a prior research experience in organic synthesis / spectroscopy / nanodevice fabrication and electrical characterisation / computational modelling.
8. Age limit: 26 years as of 13 January 2022, which can be relaxed for specific reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in the case of exceptionally deserving candidates.
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV along with the scanned copies of the qualification documents (as per the list given below) and list of referees must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 10th January 2022.
List of qualification documents:
1. Graduation mark sheet
2. Post-graduation mark sheet
3. GATE/NET qualification certificate
4. Brief write up on the previous research experience (if any)
10. Terms and Conditions:
i) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
ii) If the number of candidates appearing for the interview is large, the selection committee may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
iii) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency, particularly applicable to the said project.
iv) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately upon receiving the offer.
v) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completing the tenure if performance to date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan
Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741246.
Your application has been successfully submitted.