JRF Position in Dept. of Chemical Sciences
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Online interview on December 22, 2021 at 10.00 AM for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Position under a SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Supratim Banerjee, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the synthesis of small chromophore based organic molecules and exploration of their photo-responsive luminescent properties, bio-analyte sensing and light harvesting features in self-assembled state in aqueous media using various spectroscopic (e.g., absorption and emission spectroscopy) and microscopic techniques.
- Title of project: Self-assembled Cyano-substituted Stilbenes: Phototunable Multi-color Luminescence, Multivalent Bio-analyte Sensing and Artificial Light Harvesting
- Funding agency: SERB
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Supratim Banerjee, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Remuneration: Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (24%).
5. Tenure: Initially for a period of 1 year, extendable up to 3 years depending on the satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
6. Basic Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Chemistry or Integrated BS-MS with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.5.
7. Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination. Preference will be given to candidates with an exposure to synthetic organic chemistry and spectroscopic techniques.
8. Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 22 December, 2021 which can be relaxed for certain reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
9. How to Apply: A detailed CV along with the scanned copies of the qualification documents (as per the list given below) must be emailed to email@example.com latest by 20th December, 2021.
List of qualification documents:
1. Graduation marksheet
2. Post-graduation marksheet
3. GATE/NET qualification certificate
10. Terms and Conditions:
i) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
ii) If the number of candidates appearing for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
iii) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
iv) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
v) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Supratim Banerjee
Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, Mohanpur, West Bengal, Pin – 741246. Phone: 033 6136 0000 (ext: 1312)
Homepage: Home | dcs-iiserk (wixsite.com)
Your application has been successfully submitted.