JRF position in School of Physical Sciences
This job is no longer accepting applications.
School of Physical Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Re-advertisement for a JRF position
Fresh applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow in a Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded project entitled “Study of unusual thermal expansion and compressibility in organic and metal-organic materials" under the supervision of Dr. Dinabandhu Das, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Essential Qualification: The applicant must have M.Sc. degree in Chemistry (Organic /Inorganic) from UGC recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks. The candidate should have good analytical skills.
Desirable Qualification: Candidates with experience on synthesis of organic/inorganic molecules and Crystallography. Candidates with CSIR/UGC-NET/GATE are encouraged to apply.
Fellowship/Salary: As per DST norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible.
Duration: The selected candidate will be appointed on purely temporary basis, initially for a period of one year and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years.
Main objectives of the project:
• Design, synthesis and characterization of new organic and metal-organic compounds.
• Crystallization of these compounds to study thermal expansion and compressibility by variable temperature X-ray diffraction experiment.
• Analysis of the data and rationalize the problem
Eligible and interested candidates should send their application with a complete CV (having personal details, academic qualifications, research experience, publications, name, affiliation and email address of two referees). Also, send photocopies of marksheets/testimonials/certificates, a recent passport size photograph, and other relevant documents as PDF attachment via email to the below address. All documents should reach the address on or before 22nd August, 2020 to the e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Due to lockdown, interview for the previous advertisement has not been conducted. The previous advertisement is now cancelled. Candidates, who have applied before need to apply again.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview at SPS, JNU and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing interview physically.
4. Candidate can appear for interview through online.
Your application has been successfully submitted.