JRF/SRF POSITION IN THE SERB-DST FUNDED PROJECT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR A JRF/SRF POSITION IN THE SERB-DST FUNDED PROJECT
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research for the project entitled "Low Cost, Faster and Accurate Low Velocity Impact Damage Imaging along with Depth Profiling for Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials using Vibro-thermography and Concept of Local Defect Resonance" under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (File No.: CRG/2019/005045) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Meghalaya.
Principal investigator: Dr. Tanmoy Bose (any queries should be communicated to email@example.com)
No. of position available: One (01)
- (i) JRF: MTech/ME (or, BTech with valid GATE score) in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Design/Manufacturing/Applied Mechanics with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent in Master’s degree (or, 75% marks or an equivalent in Bachelor’s degree with valid GATE score). Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms. Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 7th August, 2021 (relaxable as per the norms/orders of GOI).
- (ii) SRF: Possessing essential qualifications mentioned for the JRF position (above) and at least 2 years of research/teaching experience post Masters’ degree as evidenced from published papers in journals. Age limit: Must not be over 32 years on 7th August, 2021, with relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India norms.
Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: The amount of JRF or SRF fellowship will be as per SERB norms and following the NITM institute policy.
Duration: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up to end of the project duration solely based on the performance.
General terms and conditions.
- Please apply through the application form.
- Append your self-attested scanned copies of the certificates, the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file on or before 07-08-2021. The applications received after the mentioned date will not be considered further.
- The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF/SRF in project (CRG/2019/005045)”.
- Project No. : CRG/2019/005045
- The body of the mail should highlight your eligibility for the JRF/SRF position with a Statement of Purpose of 100 words.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for interview by 08-08-2021.
- Physical/Skype/Google Meet based Interview will be held. The same will be informed by email.
- Candidate selected for this position will be converted to regular Ph.D. program of NIT Meghalaya.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview (may not be applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview).
Date, time and venue of the Interview
Date: August 09, 2021 (Monday)
Time: 10.00 AM onwards
Venue: Meeting Room (Academic Block) (not applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview)
Your application has been successfully submitted.